Phillips HTS3154 Remote Interference

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Pim, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Pim

Pim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all

My first post, but I have used the forums to browse many times to help me select AV equipment in the past because of the well informed, excellent information that you all provide

I have searched FAQ and the forums for this but no joy

I am having trouble with my new Phillips LCD TV and Home Cinema System, one of which is to do with the Home Cinema remote. I think that possibly, this fault is a lead into others, but I don't want to get too bogged down in detail just yet!

My TV is a Phillips 42” LCD model 42PFL5522 and my Home Cinema is a Phillips HTS3154.

I bought the items separate (not as a bundle) and chose 2 Phillips devices because I though that this would help compatibility etc but it appears it has been a bad idea

The symptoms:

Sometimes when I use the Home Cinema remote it does not have any effect at all on the DVD player. E.G press 'play' or 'ok' and nothing happens, press 'Standby' and the TV will turn off!. When I select 'menu' for the Home Cinema, the TV favourites for Digital channels comes on and it goes on; basically none of the controls affect the DVD Home Cinema and just get the TV responding so this is infuriating!!. I can solve the problem by removing the remote batteries and holding down 2 buttons to reset for 30 secs, then replace the batteries. But then, for some unknown reason and after an unspecified amount of time, the fault will return.

Is this a frequency issue? I had hoped to avoid this by choosing just Phillips equipment. Would I be best to return the Home Cinema set and get another manufacturers? But then why is this intermittent...?

Any ideas or experience on compatibility issues are gratefully received!

NB: The TV is also temperamental in displaying digital tv (including the menu) and I reckon that the 2 symptoms are linked.

PS - Apologies if I have hit the wrong thread forum, not sure if this should go in 'All in One' or not.

Nick