• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Phillips HTS-8000S 2.1 - not happy!! - any alts??

wilmaV

Standard Member
Hi

I recently bought the Phillips HTS-8000S system for surround sound but aint too happy with it.

I really want a 2.1 system to avoid all the wires and wanted one with SACD capability which this system does but i have found that although the sound is good for DVDs, CDs etc the sound through my TV (Hitachi 42" plasma) and through sky HD aint good at all - for a start its much quieter - even at full volume and even when viewing Dolby audio films the sound is still poor. I also dont think my xbox will connect without changing the audio leads around.

From reading other threads on AV Forum it seems its the systems poor input options (no HDMI for a start) and that playing through the TV or Sky is only outputting stereo sound.

Can anyone confirm these issues or let me know if they have had similar problems?

Im thinking i need to upgrade to a better 2.1 system but dont want to encounter the same issues of poor sound through sky HD or my TV - can anyone confirm other systems wont have the same problems and possibly recommend a new system? I like the sound of something like the LG J10 2.1 system which has built in hard drive (160GB i think)?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom