1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips freeview help

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by nwgarratt, Oct 21, 2003.

1. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,844
    I have had freeview since it started through my IDTV. Reception has always been fine.

I bought a Phillips DTR 1500 to record to my Panasonic DVD recorder.

The IDTV has a loopthrough, so I plugged the aerial into the IDTV and fed it through to the Phillips.

I was getting break up on ITV/ITV 2 and Channel 4 chanels on the Phillips. It would only happen every couple of days or so. To sort it out, I would have to move the aerial cable.

I have now put the aerial striaght into the Phillips and then to the IDTV. I am still getting the breakup.

If the aerial is ok for the IDTV (which is next to the Phillips), why does the Phillips break up.

2. Worm

Worm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cant reallly help you but I have the same sort of set up and it happens to me on channel 5 and my IDTV is a phillips. Channel 5 is great on the IDTV but not on the STB, Have tried various aerial set ups/boosters but only a virgin reset on the box works and only till I try to record something off 5 and the breakup starts. I have 023 software and I think the weakest channel 5 signal is being used . The update to 032 supposedly sorted this out ,so am waiting for that.

Perhaps your problem id the same

Regards

3. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IDTV and a Freeview box on the same tv, right? if so then you you could put the Phillips DTR 1500 in a room if you have another VCR and then you can still watch Freeview in the lounge and somewhere else in your house.

Just an idea :)

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,844
    Both have to be in the same room.

I just want the break up to stop. The aerial is going straight into the Phillips.

I wouldn't mind if the IDTV broke up as I will use it to watch a digital channel while recording another. The reception of the digibox is the most important as that will do the recording.

I try the virgin restore.

Edit: It still did it after a restore. I took the aerial out and moved the aeria cable a bit and plugged it back in. It is working again (but for how long?).

Does anyone else know a good box with RGB in on the VCR scart? Just keeping my options open.

5. Pod Person

Pod Person

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the Phillips DTR 1500 and notice that it reduces* the signal slightly through its loopthrough, (analogue picture is more grainy).

This might explain the digital break up.

*Attenuation ? Correct term?

6. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,844
    I am not getting th break up when using the loopthrough. I did but I am still getting it when the aerial is going straight to the phillips.

I will put the signal strength meter on the screen, and move the aerial a bit and see if I can improve it.