Phillips DVDR1000 technical help needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by se7ens, Dec 23, 2004.

1. se7ens

se7ens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone that can help me sort out a problem with my DVDR1000.

I attempted to do a software update following the phillips instructions.
    now when powering up the display reads - FORCED DOWN- this is then followed a few mins later by - DV FAILED

the machine wont respond to any buttons and can only be powered off by pulling the plug - then when you reconnect it starts up with the above messages again.

any help greatly appreciated

Mark

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

Looks like your DVDR1000 has serious problems, which sad to say, is fairly common. It sounds like a software failure but can't be too sure.
    My suggestion would be to phone Philips care line and explain the problem. If its truly broken, it may not be worth getting repaired given the current DVDR market. The latest Philips machines look to be more reliable but there are better machines out there. My DVDR880 has been fixed once and I am happy with it but if it breaks, I will look at alternatives such as the Pioneer or Panasonic range.
    I hope however that your DVDR1000 can be fixed with little expense. Sorry I can't be more help!

3. cryptfactor

cryptfactor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one of these (without remote) at a dept store clearance. It stands me £79.00. I has supposedly been used but the condition of the axial fan the the backplane indicates otherwise. The remote fro an 880/890 works most functions.

Must admit; I didn't realise until reading this forum, that they were could be so much trouble. Mine has thrown up an error code once or twice and shut down (think it began with FO.....). I just put it down to the cheap (poundland) DVD+RW disc I was using at the time. Early days yet, but if I do have much trouble it came with 12 month warranty.

I've had a Panasonic DMR-E20 for nearly 3 years with no problems.

PS Ever priced a remote for a DVDR1000? £128.75 + VAT and carriage from CPC :eek: