Phillips dvd r80

mw3cdj

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone tell me if scart socket 1 or 2 on the dvd-r80 will accept a y/c input.

thanks
Daran

The EXT2 SCART will input s-video.

EXT1 can be configured to output s-video

Thanks mate,
So , just to clarify i can connect my sky+ box from it's s-video mini din output to the EXT2 scart connection on the dvd-r80 and this will be of svhs quality.
Just need to clarify this before i buy a svhs to scart lead.
Thanks
Daran

duplicate post:blush:

duplicate post :blush:

Daren

Yes just connect your s-video output of your Sat receiver to the EXT2 input of the DVDR80.

My Hitachi plasma clearly shows the benefit of using RGB input over s-video. If your sat reciver only has 1 RGB output why not connect the RGB output to EXT2 and use the EXT2 to EXT1 loop-through to view, as well as recording in RGB?

This is what I do with my Nokia DTT receiver and it works very well, and preserves RGB quality.

If your sat reciver only has 1 RGB output why not connect the RGB output to EXT2 and use the EXT2 to EXT1 loop-through to view, as well as recording in RGB?

I have sky+ with only 1 rgb output which i feed to a JS RGB2VGA then to an iscan ultra then to the Hitachi. I tried what you suggested to start off with but when its connected up in loop-through rgb i can notice a deterioration it picture quality when i watch sky through the dvd-r80 , which i find unacceptable
:D

Thanks for the suggestion though:smashin:
Daran

I use DVDR75 loop through (Sky+ - DVDR75 - JS RGBYUV - Plasma). I couldn't see a significant difference between loop through and direct, but I can certainly see a big difference if I use s-video.

Try again, using short, good quality SCART cables.

Try again, using short, good quality SCART cables.

I have , and it sorted my problem out. I had connected things up temporarily with the standard scart and that was the problem . Now replaced with Kimber .75m scart and no deterioration in quality that i can see.

:smashin:
Daran.

I have the Philips DVDR80 too,mine is Multi-Region as well.What do you think of yours ? :D

I have the Philips DVDR80 too,mine is Multi-Region as well.What do you think of yours ?

I think it's a v. good recorder , can hardly tell the difference between live sky and recorded. .Haven't try ed Playback on it though I use my 3800 for that.

What did you think of the instruction book ?? I got more confused by reading it . So i didn't and things started to work.

Regard's
Daran
:smashin:

Yeah,got so far,gave up,did it myself,not too hard after setting the others up,cables wise.Had to forego the aerial in though,put it in the SKY box,not a very good reception downstairs for some reason.So,use it to record from SKY and Terrestrial,and the quality is outstanding.M1 being the best,1 hour to a disc,is like for like with the retail movies ! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom