Phillips 9986 Wall mounting - which leads?

P

prycop

After several post trying to decide which LCD to go for finally plunged for a 9986 (£1200).

I'm going to wall mount the LCD and hope to plaster (over ducting) the wiring once and for all into the wall - which connections do you recommend I use?
Setup will probably be sky, dvd and PC.

I'm thinking:
2 x SCART
1 X DVI
1X audio
1 x Audio subwoofer

Will that do?

I would recommend using some pipe or duct.
Sometimes I see mention of special combined cables for TV wallmounting, that have several connectors (like the ones you mention) at each end.
I think Philips sells one as an optional accessory.

The all in one connection sounds interesting - anyone any ideas of the part no. etc?

Thanks again

Rob1698 said:
I think Philips sells one as an optional accessory.

i've got this screen and I would personally stay away from any bundled cables or any of philips' accessories as I have found this screen needs the best possible source and leads to really get everything out of it.
For an example, I had my pace 3100 sky+ box connected via rgb scart (a decent heavy gold vivanco one) andd swapped that for a supra scart, and the difference was visibly noticable :eek: Tightened the picture up, less noise.
Same went for my dvi lead (v.long story) again went for a supra dvi lead and the difference is clear.
Try and use the best cables you can afford with it as it'll pay you back in the long run.

Enjoy your screen when it arrives :thumbsup: you won't be disapointed

kev

Thanks for that - we're in the middle of rebuilding so a single cable solution is of no benefit anyway.

Does the length of the cable effect quality? - I'm lookind at 1.5 maybe 2m.

I posted another reply in the other thread.
BTW the combined cable is Philips CB00FTVA/10
It has 220v, antenna coax, 2xSCART (RGB), 3xcinch for audio.
Length is 3m.

My PC VGA cable is more than 6 meters. The picture is still fine (no effect from the cable can be seen).
With DVI it can be different: there are no small degradations with digital systems.
Either you have perfect quality or you have irritating flickering pixels (like a very strong noise).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom