1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 9986 and new PC query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Savan, May 3, 2005.

1. Savan

Savan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I picked up the 9986 this weekend, and have managed to connect the laptop to it via VGA-DVI.

One problem I am having though is that I can't seem to view on the 9986, any mpeg4's showing on Windows Media Player (or avi files etc etc!). Windows media player opens nicely, but then whatever video is showing on the laptop screen is not showing on the LCD (everything else like the desktop and windows media player skin shows fine - just the video itself does not come up).

Has anybody else had this problem? I have video hardware acceleration turned on. I am going to turn this off to see if this helps, but I thought I'd ask in case I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Savan

2. alanrowell

alanrowell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Check your monitor settings (right click anywhere on the desktop, <properties>, <settings>, <advanced>, then display & check that your TV is the primary output.

3. Savan

Savan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Alan

In Win XP, in the advanced display settings, the LCD screen is labelled "2", with the notebooks own screen as "1". To switch these round, is it just a click and drag?