Phillips 9617 black lines help!

gamefan

Standard Member
Hi

I have a 32" Phillips 9617, the famous Pixel Plus telly.

It has got two vertical lines on the picture now. They are at approx 4:3 settings width on the screed and are 2 to 3 inches wide. They interfere worst on DVD and basically ruin the telly.

I have had it repaired once and replaced once, and even the new one has the same fault. Has anyone else managed to get this fixed?

There is an official Phillps repair and technincal bulletin for this telly, which means they know there is a problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Could it not be that one of your SCART equiped devices is actually interfering with your in-view picture. I have seen this happen on one of the older Philips 97* series sets; in this instance it was the video recorder (also a Philips) that was shimmering through the picture the black "thick" test-signal bars (even though the test-signal was off) ..

Check your equipment to be sure..

G

greenthumb

Originally posted by gamefan

There is an official Phillps repair and technincal bulletin for this telly, which means they know there is a problem.

Where did ypu find this info? Its about bloody time they pulled their finger out.

gamefan

Standard Member
Lakes TV my supplier, told me this when they brought the repared tely back

I have and am continuing to try different scart solutions. Leads at £50 a pop even!

sonofmoth

Standard Member
Read the post on Ferrite Rings. So far they seem to have sorted mine out :)

There is a part number and picture of where to put them in a link posted to Philips' France site.