1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phillips 6518c

Discussion in 'TVs' started by vomvul, Dec 12, 2004.

1. vomvul

vomvul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello folks, just had my 32" phillips 6518c delivered two days ago, brilliant sharp picture, didnt think id see better than my old 28" panasonic tx, in fact havent seen as good a pic on other tv's ive seen,, just one small gripe though, the volume on the sky satellite remote wont adjust the volume, any ideas if this can be remedied ?
    thanks.

ps. for anyone wanting a large screen tv with an outstanding pic at a bargain price try the phillips :thumbsup:

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Have you set up the Sky remote to work the new Philips?

If you don't tell it, it'll think you've still got the Panny!

3. vomvul

vomvul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello, T G thanks for replying, not sure how to tell the sky remote that it a new tv as the digibox i have now is a replacement and was not given an instruction book with it, all seems to work ok, menus, channel changing, just the volume operation, is the slight niggle,
    thanks

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Vomvul,

Sorry, but I've lost my Digibox manual too! :blush:

There must be someone out there (better organised than us!) who can tell you the code and which buttons to press.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

5. vomvul

vomvul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hehe, thanks T G going to do a bit of googling see what i can find, will let you know
    thanks

6. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vomvul,

My digibox manual gives 0081 as the Philips code. When I had a Grundig tv the Grundig code wouldn't work and I had to ring the Sky help number. 08702 404040 for Sky digibox and Sky+ 08705 800800. When I rang they talked me through a procedure on the tv screen where there were umpteen Grundig codes.

Below I give the procedure as detailed in the digibox manual (with abbreviations).

l. Turn tv on.

2. Press tv on Sky remote control.

3. Hold down select and red button together for two seconds until red light on
    Sky remote blinks twice.

4. Press tv on your Sky remote again.

5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote
    control blinks twice.

7. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Continuation of Sky Remote instructions.

5. (continuted)
    If the light blinks once only, re-check the code for your brand of TV and start again
    at Step 2.

6. Press the On/Off button on your Sky remote control.
    If your tv switches off, press select. The light on the Sky remote blinks twice.
    If your tv does not switch off, press tv, then On/Off button. Repeat this (press
    tv, then On/Off) until your tv turns off then press select.

If the light on your Sky remote control blinks three times, your Sky digibox has checked all the possible settings for the code you used. Check you have the right code and start again at Step 1.

7. Turn your tv on and press tv guide.
    If you see the tv guide screen, the remote control process is complete.

If you do not see the tv guide screen you must now complete the following steps.

8. Press tv on Sky remote control.

9. Hold down select and green button together for two seconds until red light on Sky
    remote blinks twice.

10. Key in number of channel on your tv that you use for watching satellite tv.

11. Press select on Sky remote. Red light blinks twice. The remote control setup
    process is complete.

If after trying this you still have problems, call the helpdesk from the Services screen.

I tried to tune the remote control to an old Philips set between buying my new
    Philips tv. I went through about fifty codes but none would work (probably the
    set was too old). The first part of my instructions somehow appeared on screen
    before I had finished. I hope I haven't missed out any part.

Good luck that you have success with this.

8. vomvul

vomvul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks cynthia 7, i finally got it, going crossed eyed reading and writing down code numbers i got code 584 to work eventually, first instructions i tried left out the press select after entering the code, so im a happy chappie now, thanks very much to yourself and T G for pointing me in the right direction and making my vewing less hassle free,
    still cant believe the pic quality on this set, best £450 i ve ever spent
    once again , thanks both.

9. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Yes, thanks C7. :clap:

No wonder I couldn't remember that lot off by heart! :laugh:

10. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys for the thanks! Glad you got a code that works vomvul; that tv is a bargain, I love my Philips 9618, the picture is incredible too.

I enjoy reading your posts Tight Git, you always have something interesting to say, and you're very knowledgeable. I am one of the "don't know much about A.V." brigade, I'm ashamed to say. I have always taken What Video mag and read it with interest, probably brain overload for me. That little icon of clapping hands always makes me smile.

Happy Christmas to both of you, I will probably not post until next year as I still haven't made Christmas puddings or done the cards. The house looks like one of those on tv needing the two ladies in rubber gloves to call!

11. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    :blush: :blush: :blush: