1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 6506

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by The_blue, Mar 4, 2003.

1. The_blue

The_blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finaly after nearly a year of looking (was in no rush ;)) i've got my new TV!! So since i had trouble finding info on here about it i thought i'd add some.

Picture:
    The picture is fantastic, clean, crisp and with no kinks or bends thank god. The only gripe was a slight light patch on the screen when looking at a full black picture. I've not seen any problems with comp/scart/svid inputs but was shocked to find no svid imput on the set, you have to go through the scart.

Sound:
    Only thing i was shocked about was the sound, i bought a yamaha DD 5.1 set in december and havn't heard TV speakers since, so when testing the set straight out the box i found the internals to be tiny and harsh :(. But when compared with my old panny set (old=12 years) the internals sound far better than that :)

Radio:
    This was something i told myself i wouldn't use, having radio options on my hifi and the yamy amp, but the G/friend has taken to using it and it's quite clear and easy on the ears :)

Final notes:
    This set (32") was too big to get in the house and was so hard to move i had to ring friends to help lug it through the house.:rolleyes: The handles on the set are a joke and no amount of shouting helped the girlfriend lift it onto the stand ;). It's about time sets were shipped with better handles or clip on straps just to help folks move is as i found it hard to lift on my own and the stand just skidded around on the wood floor :rolleyes:

2. wharfman

wharfman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have any problems with playing dvd's and rumbling sound in the background......see my post 6506/sound problems

3. The_blue

The_blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i don't have the sound running through the set so no :)