1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 6506

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by The_blue, Mar 4, 2003.

1. The_blue

The_blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finaly after nearly a year of looking (was in no rush ;)) i've got my new TV!! So since i had trouble finding info on here about it i thought i'd add some.

Picture:
    The picture is fantastic, clean, crisp and with no kinks or bends thank god. The only gripe was a slight light patch on the screen when looking at a full black picture. I've not seen any problems with comp/scart/svid inputs but was shocked to find no svid imput on the set, you have to go through the scart.

Sound:
    Only thing i was shocked about was the sound, i bought a yamaha DD 5.1 set in december and havn't heard TV speakers since, so when testing the set straight out the box i found the internals to be tiny and harsh :(. But when compared with my old panny set (old=12 years) the internals sound far better than that :)

Radio:
    This was something i told myself i wouldn't use, having radio options on my hifi and the yamy amp, but the G/friend has taken to using it and it's quite clear and easy on the ears :)

Final notes:
    This set (32") was too big to get in the house and was so hard to move i had to ring friends to help lug it through the house.:rolleyes: The handles on the set are a joke and no amount of shouting helped the girlfriend lift it onto the stand ;). It's about time sets were shipped with better handles or clip on straps just to help folks move is as i found it hard to lift on my own and the stand just skidded around on the wood floor :rolleyes:

2. wharfman

wharfman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have any problems with playing dvd's and rumbling sound in the background......see my post 6506/sound problems

3. The_blue

The_blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i don't have the sound running through the set so no :)