Phillips 50PUS8555

DaliDave

I’ve been deliberating for some time whether to order the above set and wondered how good it is in practice?
My main source will be a Virgin V6 box and I like to watch football and movies.

Current TV is a 40” Samsung UE40C5100QWXXU would this be a decent upgrade?

yuvalfrr

Standard Member
Well I'll tell you my experience. I own a 43inch of this model. The 43inch is ips panel and 65 too. 50,58 and 70 are VA panel. If you don't know these terms for panel types try googling to understand further.

I really enjoyed my 43 incher until I realized it's weaknesses. The picture quality for 4k is really nice and hdr is ok even though it's not a very bright tv. If you go for ips you will get bad blacks like me, go for mva you will get good blacks. The main problem of this tv as I see it is up scaling. When you watch low res content of 1080p/i and lower the picture suffers massively. I managed to get things better by adjusting picture settings but still I am not pleased with tvs up scaling.

Android tv is great. Ambilight is unique and special. Sound quality for this price is pretty good but still light years from a dedicated soundbar.

All in I'll I think this a good low end that does support all hdr formats and even dolby atmos but it's picture quality doesn't really utilize these abilities. This is pretty good for 4k and high quality full hd material but anything less than that oh my.

Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom