Phillips 43pus7303/12 Hdr game calibration

Foster79

Novice Member
Hello,

Could anyone help a brother out😁.
I have the 43pus7303/12 and only use it for gaming. I play games in sdr format and hdr, but I am struggling with finding a decent calibration when the TV switches to hdr. It seems to have an overload of white contrast in the picture and also seems to crush blacks too. Any help would be appreciated as I'm a newbie when it comes to calibration.

My settings are

HDR GAME

Colour 50
Contrast 100
Sharpness 5
Brightness 50

Advanced

Colour temp normal
Contrast mode off
Hdr plus minimum
Video contrast 100
Light sensor on
Ultra resolution off
Noise reduction defaulted at medium
Mpeg artefact reduction minimum
Motion style off

I play ps4 pro and Xbox one x and not for the life of me have i found anything in hdr to look good, but sdr is fine.

Anyone to have this model and give me some advice would be appreciated.

Foster79

Novice Member
Hello,

Could anyone help a brother out😁.
I have the 43pus7303/12 and only use it for gaming. I play games in sdr format and hdr, but I am struggling with finding a decent calibration when the TV switches to hdr. It seems to have an overload of white contrast in the picture and also seems to crush blacks too. Any help would be appreciated as I'm a newbie when it comes to calibration.

My settings are

HDR GAME

Colour 50
Contrast 100
Sharpness 5
Brightness 50

Advanced

Colour temp normal
Contrast mode off
Hdr plus minimum
Video contrast 100
Light sensor on
Ultra resolution off
Noise reduction defaulted at medium
Mpeg artefact reduction minimum
Motion style off

I play ps4 pro and Xbox one x and not for the life of me have i found anything in hdr to look good, but sdr is fine.

Anyone to have this model and give me some advice would be appreciated.

next010

Distinguished Member
From what I can make out the 43PUS7303 can be an IPS or VA panel and has no local dimming so its ability to generate impactful HDR is simply not there.

You may be better off simply leaving HDR disabled as the display cannot generate the brightness or contrast required for HDR.

AVtest

From what I can make out the 43PUS7303 can be an IPS or VA panel and has no local dimming so its ability to generate impactful HDR is simply not there.

You may be better off simply leaving HDR disabled as the display cannot generate the brightness or contrast required for HDR.

Yep agree, IPS and mate panel is not bright enough to juice decent HDR. owner 43pus7334

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom