• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Phillips 42PF9946 audio out issues

fangface666

Established Member
Hi guys, quick question, got a phillips 42pf9946 back in December from Comet at the bargain price of £650 (old model, half price clearance) with which I am well chuffed.:clap:
Have read all posts on here about lipsync probs, ie watching Sky on plasma but taking sound from Sky box through Amp.
I have used the engineers menu to adjust the settings, with some degree of success, but today decided to have a jig about with inputs etc, and connected the tv's audio out to the amp, for the first time since purchase, only to discover that there is no output!
I have gone through the instruction book and menu's but cannot find anything relating to this apart from the following

"To connect to a hi-fi system, use an audio connection
cable and connect the L and R AUDIO outputs on the
TV set on the AUDIO IN L and R input on your hi-fi
amplifier."
Extensive HUH :eek:

Now its not the leads or the amp as I have tested them using a different source.
After all that waffle, does anyone know if there is a way to enable the audio outputs, or is it a fault with the plasma, And dont say thats probably why it was cheap LOL:rotfl:

S

shugg

i've got a 42pf9966 and sound outputs are all ok....perchance messing with the engineers bits has turned them off....however if under warranty you have a get out clause:D alternatively an av amp with audio delay would be (a cost) alternative. cheers shugg

fangface666

Established Member
Chadd to get to the engineers menu read the following thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189872&highlight=062596+i+

But be careful:lesson:

Shugg

Unfortunately its not the engineers menu that is causing the problem:(
All I changed was the lypsync option from OFF to ON, which i have changed back, but alas still no audio out.

The warranty option is available to me but Comet want to come and take it away, and if they can't repair it I will only get a refund as its a discontinued model!!
There is the option of them returning it to me with the fault still there, if its unrepairable, but I dont have any confidence in THAT message being passed on.
Especially after phoning them on Monday to cancel the repair only to have them phone me back on Tuesday to arrange collection of my faulty tv!!!:suicide:
And I wont get another 42 plasma for £650, so i'll live without the audio out, and just take the audio from source, ie sky, vcr, harddrive etc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom