1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 37PF9986 and PC Input

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jeffers81, Oct 29, 2005.

1. jeffers81

jeffers81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Before I start, I'll explain that I'm somewhat new to the whole DVI input game - and after reading round this forum and Google, I'm quite confused.

I've had my excellent 37PF9986 for about 6 months now, and recently I tried to connect my PC to it. I've got an ASUS nVidia 256mb 9800, which obviously has a digital output. Now, I took the cable out of my monitor (which is a normal VGA analogue input) and put VGA-DVI connectors on both ends. Stuck it up the TV and bingo, blue screen on DVI-I mode.

My question is (as I presume this cable isn't right)...which cable do I need to get a picture? Also, what's S-Video and will this work?

Many Thanks
    Mark

2. Giblets2

Giblets2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    Buy this! and you should get a brilliant picture at 1920x1080 (so another owner said on this forum). Of course you need to set your output on the PC to 1920x1080 interlaced at either 50 or 60Hz.

3. jeffers81

jeffers81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.

I was looking to buy something today really as a friend is coming round with Call Of Duty 2! I presume these will be available in the electrical retail stores (I'm thinking of popping down to Tottenham Court Road to ask there)...do I just ask for a DVI-D to DVI-D cable?

And is an S-Video cable no good?

Cheers

4. Phill_1981

Phill_1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    will it be full screen?