1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 37PF9946 37" Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sarah, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Sarah

Sarah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen this at Comets for £1699 (which is as cheap as anywhere online) but cannot find a review of it anywhere.

Does anyone know if this Plasma is anygood

Thank you

2. Dr Downey

Dr Downey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't give you an authorative view on the Philips. I looked at the philips range when I bought, and decided the Sony was better. Hope you got the link I sent you.

Cheers

3. Sarah

Sarah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I got the link, thank you :thumbsup: , just waiting for them to email me back regarding stock, but I saw this Philips and wanted to check I was not missing a bargain :)

4. Dr Downey

Dr Downey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good Luck! :smashin:

5. brd

brd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I intend to buy one as I found that te price/quality ratio was good and also that I do not have space for 42 inch. Fortunatly I request (and I had to insist) to test it with a DVD. After 5 minutes of the movie 'the other', I was able to clearly explain what the solarisation means abut plasma screen. This series of plasma 42 or 37 is not worth the price even if they seems cheap. I suggest to pay a bit more to for the Panasonic 37. I personaly go for a 32 LCD.

6. psyche

psyche
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, i agree with Brd. had an opportunity to test the Pioneer 435, Panny 42PA30, Hitachi 42 ALiS, Sony MX42, Samsung 42 (can't recall model) and the Philips 42 Pixel Plus screens side by side on a wall panel recently.

the lighting was simulating daytime viewing and component feeds were run through to all panels. after an hour of putting them through various torture tests for PQ, the Philips swung wildly from good to outright horrible due to the solarisation. best not to put good money there IMHO.

7. superdoot

superdoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dr downey,
    I found a shop near me which has the Phillips 37pf9946 for £700. The store says this is a repair TV. When I enquired they said that the only repair was that they updated the firm ware to give better picture quality. I'm pretty tempted. Can you post me the link and let me know if you think this is a good deal. All help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

8. Dr Downey

Dr Downey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to help, but you're replying to a post I made in 2004!! ;)