• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

phillips 37pf9731d/10 / 1080p issue

pooleemad

Standard Member
Well here goes my first thread hi all /
After owning my above mentioned tv for the past 6 months i have tried for the first time to connect a hi def source namely xbox 360 . On my manual form the shop it states the tv supports 1080p i have tried this but the screen constantly turns blue obviously not being able to cope .has anybody else had a similar issue .

thanks

Last edited:

Dorset Dave

Established Member
One review I read said this tv is a 1080i model. I quote "Its slight limitation is that it won't be able to show a 1080p movie in its fullest glory as its 1080 performance is restricted to de-interlacing a 1080i signal." It may support a 1080p signal but the tv cant ouput it at this level.

pooleemad

Standard Member
Thankyou

this helps alot.. looks like i will be taking the tv back to retailer as i bought this solely for the 1080p benefits and thinking of future hd sources , also i still cant understand why they promote this tv with the 1080progressive feature certainly looks like false advertising to me ..

MartiniB

Established Member

Dorset Dave

Established Member
That link clearly states on page 3 that this tv has 1080 progressive lines of 1920 pixels making it a full HD panel but according to post 90 (27/8/06) it only supports 1080i. It seems the spec is wrong on the website.

olderscot

Standard Member
If you look at the list of supported video formats it clearly only does 1080i. 1080p isn't listed.

I would say that the description about 1080 progressive lines is misleading though.

Mike

pooleemad

Standard Member
Now this is a strange one "C****S" are now saying that this TV does have 1080 progressive .. and that TV has a fault , there technician is coming on friday to fit a new board lets see and hope for the best :( thanxs for your time fellow AV ers...

if it says 1080p then for me it means 1080progresive and nothing else!

cheers tony

Last edited:

MartiniB

Established Member
if you can find something similar in your user manual then you have chance for replacement to model 9703
Full HD LCD display 1920x1080p
This display has a resolution that is referred to as Full HD.
The state-of-the-art LCD screen technology has the full high-definition widescreen resolution of 1080 progressive lines, each with 1920 pixels.
This allows the best possible picture quality for HD input signals with up to 1080 lines.
It produces brilliant flicker-free [p]progressive scan[/b] pictures with optimum brightness and superb colours.
This vibrant and sharp image will provide you with an enhanced viewing experience.

read litle this board - many 9*32 users did that cause 1080p->1080i->1080p converting problem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom