1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 32PW9616 Centre Speaker problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by atifds9, May 2, 2004.

1. atifds9

atifds9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all just recently my Phillips PW9616 seems to have developed a problem, it's a dolby digital set and the main chassis has a three speaker set up left right and centre speakers, the centre speaker apperas to have gone a bit dodgy for want of a better term, in pro logic or dolby digital mode the speach is higly distorted as though there is a buzzing or rattling coming from it, it sounds as though it has blown. Now what can i do, can it be repaired if so i need a reptable service agent in manchester, can i repair it myself is it a case of swapping out the speaker with another one could i get a similar speaker or not.

Any help greatly appreciated as i'm really stuck can't watch any dvd's normal stero is fine because thast uses only the left and right speakers and sound is crystal but dvd's are ruined, the set is about 3 years old so out of warranty :(

Thank you

Atif

2. atifds9

atifds9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a good tv guy in manchester ,if no one has any ideas with regards to the possible problem ?

Thanks