1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 32PW9527 known problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jessmith, Sep 29, 2005.

1. jessmith

jessmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

My Phillips is 2 1/2 yrs old. We suffer colour fade, initially noticable as blacks turning grey and flickering, followed by almost total colour loss at which point the TV either shuts off or the screen turns a "plum" colour. The TV then switches back on but with an extremly bright flashing light from top to bottom in centre of screen for 10-20 seconds, the picture is then fine for a while.
    Our local TV guy couldn't find the fault. It occurs with any signal (sky, terrestrial, DVD or PS2). Has anyone else encountered similar.
    The tech support at Phillips was no help.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    These are the symptoms of a faulty crt and are well known in the TV repair trade with Philips widescreen crts I'm sorry to say.
    You didn't say if your local TV guy witnessed the fault.......my guess is the set behaved itself when he called?

3. buzzvinny

buzzvinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jess sorry to tell you i had this problem after only 3 mths, had it repaired and after 3yrs it went again, luckily i took cover out and after waiting 5 wks got a phone call telling me that they had scraped it of because they couldnt get the spare's for it, got only £500 back, so i don't hold to much hope for you.

4. jessmith

jessmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replies, the faut did appear for the TV guy, but when they took the back off it didn't re-appear. Last night it ran for 4 hrs without issue, but there is now a thin blue line present running top to bottom centre screen.

Can you give me an idea of the cost orf repairs undertaken? As I certainly don't intend to throw too much into it, but will rather look for a new TV, probably rear pro, if repairs likely to exceed the £200 mark

5. buzzvinny

buzzvinny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Jess don't realy know the cost as it was under cover so they just took it and i let them get on with it, although the 1st time it went wrong he did say if i was paying for it i wouldn't get much change out of £400. I think the problem i was getting was when i turned it on it made a lot of crackling noise's and it would keep going on and off every time it made the crackling noise also kept getting blue vertical lines.