1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 32pw9308

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by housey, Sep 23, 2003.

1. housey

housey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Ive just purchased (yesterday) the Phillips 32pw9308, lovely looking kit with a host of features that i really dont understand as im a total virgin to the wonders of AV (the reason i brought it was because it got the 'nuts' of a write up), so i was wondering if any of you guys could help with my questions ?

1) why would i get an electrical line with a buzzing sound shoot across the screen when we plug in another electrical appliance ?

2) why is there a delay in (2 seconds or more) when switching between channels ? my old telly never did this.

3) When switching on from 'standby' it makes a noise that i wouldnt expect a brand new tv to do, is that the tube warming up ? (sorry thats about as technical as it gets!)

4) What Scart lead would you recommend (ie make + price) for the RGB input ?

5) Im using the same areial as my old tv but im getting a crap picture , ghosting and loss of clarity.

6) It has Virtual Dolby , would a separate amp and speakers be a better option ?

Thanks

Housey

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    1) Electrical interference,this is normal on all TV's to some extent.

2) This TV is set up to do that,so it can tune correctly.

3) This is normal and should get quieter with age.

4) Any Scart lead should be fine really.

5) This is this TV's processsing I'm afraid and probably it's 100Hz feature.Try using it in conjuction with a Freeview box.

6) Yes,definately.

3. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope your T.V stand is O.K.
    I saw this T.V listed as one which has a faulty stand under recall.

If you read" help for a newbie thread" page 8 there is a link to Philips detailing what to do,models/stands affected.

Maybe you will be all right.