1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 32PF5520D

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Spursman, Jul 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Spursman

Spursman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

Was thinking of buying one of these, cant find any reviews.

Anyone got one?

2. Tony_R

Tony_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting this one myself. Saw it in a shop couple of weeks ago and it looks great.

Undecided if to take the plunge or wait longer.

3. danny76

danny76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too....looks very good spec.... esp as the DVI is HDCP enabled....so HD ready in effect.
    Dan

4. Tony_R

Tony_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only real thing which concerns me is the brightness in only 450, less than any other LCD ive seen, also the contrast is only 600:1 compared to 800:1 or 900:1 on some others.

I'm not sure how important that is.

5. danny76

danny76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 26 inch version looked ok in currys...couldn't really tell diff between that and the similar samsung (which has better contrast and brightness numbers) - bothh are okay...not fantastic blacks are very dark grey as you would expect from an LCD! But still....good price and a darn good TV at teh end of the day.
    ps. Won't buy from currus tho'...150 quid dearer than online stores!

6. Tony_R

Tony_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A local indepedant near me is selling for £799. Same as online.

7. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    No but I saw the next model up the 7520D which has a built in freeview tuner in Currys next to the famous 9986.

If you go to the Philips web site you can compare the specs of the TV's.

The big difference between the 9986 and the other two is that the panel on the 9986 is quoted as 12ms response time whereas the other two are 18ms.

The other main differences are the 9986 has pixel plus 2, the 7520 pixel plus and the 5520 does not have this technology. That seems the only difference between the 5520 and 7520 in terms of picture processing with a quick glance at the specs. I have no idea how important pixel plus is on Philips sets.

Looking at the two sets side by side I could not tell any difference in the picture quality at all. I know they would both be being fed a rubbish signal but at least it was equal for them both.

Of the two sets I thought the 7520D was the better looking model as a bit of furniture. I didn't like the black surround of the 9986 at all.

Dave

8. seka1980

seka1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    we have the 26 inch versoin of this set inn the shop where i work and although i think the picture quality is very im ipressive i find that the veiwing angle on it seems realy bad