1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 32/PW9308 Focus Problems

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DrunkenCelt, Sep 19, 2005.

1. DrunkenCelt

DrunkenCelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Hope someone can offer some advice please.

I have a 3 year old Phillips 32" PW9308 which up until recently has behaved very well with excellent picture quality.

Gradually over the last 2 months the picture has been going out of focus mainly around the edges. The problem is worse when initally switched on and improves somewhat after about 10 minutes. It has got so bad that any text such as teletext etc cannot be read at the edges. The problem is the same whether I switch to the video or digital box.

I have reset the TV to factory settings just in case these were changed but no improvement. Nothing has changed with location, additional equipment or the like since it last operated well.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong and possible remedies would be most welcome. Failing that I will have to get an engineer round as the TV is too big to fit in my car so I'd like to try and eliminate possible problems first.

Many thanks.

DrunkenCelt

:lease: