Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Phillips 32 inch question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by LifeOnMars, Jun 30, 2004.

1. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

I bought the '32pw6006' and there was one problem that I wanted to know if it is inherrent or a fault with my set.

Using the menu as an example there is a faint light 'shadow' to the right of the text on the orangey background. It's not big, maybe a few mm's to the right and a few mm's wide...you notice it more when there's credits on a picture or when someone's face is sharp against a lighter background.

I spoke to an engineer about this and he seems to think that its due to the larger size and is inherent (problem exists regardless of input source), but I'm hoping any avforumites with philips tv could inform me as to whether such a problem exists on their set or not, so I can decide if it's worth getting a swapout :lease:

2. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Decided to do a swapout....

Wish I hadn't :lesson: Ran bunch of tests on the set and it's worse than the first. Shadowing slightly worse/woeful geometry/bleeding/shimmering. Really, how the heck do philips quality control let piles of junk like this through their testing. Have they got a one-eyed french donkey setting their tv's up?

Note to self...never buy philips again :thumbsdow
    Note to self...recommend philips tv's to mortal enemies.

3. Struan

Struan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you replaced it with another make/model, if so, which one? I'm having great difficulty finding a new TV, and the 32PW6006 I saw had amongst the best, or should that be least bad, PQ I have seen irrespective of price. I have read about lots of reliability problems with Philips, which has put me off though.

TIA.