1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 28pw9527C Problems - please help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wanger1uk, Sep 1, 2005.

1. wanger1uk

wanger1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Last week, my TV went POP and turned both itself and the Sky + box off. I turned it back on and it did the same again. I then unplugged everything, checked all connections, and turned it all back on again. It did exactly the same thing, except now everything had a feint green tinge (a la Matrix).

I thought leave it turned off until it can be looked at. unfortunatley my ex girlfriend came over at the weekend and decided to watch some tele while I was out. When I got back the she said that the TV had gone pop again and was now not working at all. When it is now turned on it sits in standby (blank screen other than very feint grey diagonal lines) with the power LED being yellow for a short while, before flashing red indefinatley. The screen also emits a high pitched but quiet noise.

Does this sound serious and is it worth getting repaired. Should I phone a local TV repirman, or take it into Comet (its out of warranty).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    Yes

No, as they are only interested in selling you a new one!