1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips 28pw6334 Lose Of Colour Green/yellow

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dono, Oct 20, 2004.

1. dono

dono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 4 year old Philips 28PW6332 has lost the yellow and green colours,when the tv is switchted on a green screen is displayed.with horizontal lines on.This is not happening every time,as the tv will work fine sometimes.Does any one know what the problem might be.http://www.avforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=42#
    Cool

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I would say the guns are on the way out I'm afraid.

You need to get an engineer out to confirm what it may be.

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Probably the tube mate.

If you look at the sticker on the back of the set which has the model & serial number on it you will see the tube type. It'll be something like this - W66.......... If the three letters after the 66 are ESF it's 99% certain.

If the tube is knackered you could try a claim against the retailer under the sale of goods act. You probably won't get very far though. It may be worth talking to Philips nicely, they will offer you some goodwill but it depends on the age of the set. I can give you a telephone number if required.

Sorry!

A. Dork

4. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Dono, I lost a tube after 11 months in my 32inch old pixel Plus (LG tube) and the symptoms were the one you describe I am afraid.

Arthur, could you give me the telephone number you mentionned, my tv was fixed again 3 weeks ago and has broken down again.

Thanks in advance

Dave

5. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Dave,

Don't want to post the number on here but I will send it to you in a PM. Not sure if the number I have is one that Philips make public.

Same goes for anyone who wants it - PM me.

Cheers all,

A. Dork

6. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot, I will let you now if I get anywhere.

Cheers

David

7. uncool green

uncool green

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have read both on here and elsewhere of the same problem.

Quite frankly I bought the Philips Cool Green Set about 5 years ago and it has developed a similar fault. It is going to cost about £500 to repair - so that aint going to happen.

I am very annoyed at this and would expect a tv tube to last at least 7-8 years. Is this a common problem with these tubes, and it seems so? If we get enough people with the same problem we can take this further - say Watchdog.

I contacted the Philips support but they state that if the TV is more than 4 years old they won't assist with the cost of repair.

8. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is only 22 months old, Philips has asked me to send them the engineer reports. God knows what will happen next.

Good luck

David