1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips9617 and RGB - question for owners

Discussion in 'TVs' started by arifn1, May 21, 2002.

1. arifn1

arifn1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi the usual suspects

I have an IXOS gold plated RGB scart between by Pioneer 444 DVD and EXT1 on my 28 - 9617. However the info details that appear top left say EXT1 CVBS, and indeed the other four EXTs also say CVBS. I have checked all connections and made sure the DVD setup is RGB - but the tele doesn't seem to identify it as such. My question is - do any of you get info that says EXT 1 RGB(or EXT 2 RGB if you have that one set up too) - or do I have a problem here?

One of the pins in my scart is slightly bent - could that be the cause?

2. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    I have the 9607 and EXT 1 and 2 should both ne RGB with an RGB input, I think the Scart is almost certainly the problem as I had CVBS show up when my scart wasn't fully in the back of the Digibox, gave it a shove and hey presto RGB again.

Hope that helps

3. arifn1

arifn1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks nictry

I'll give it a shove when I get home! BTW - on another post you mentioned something called a THX Optimiser which you used to calibrate geometry etc. What is it? Ta

4. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    You can find it on 'some' DVDs their was an old version on T2 and I beileve it may also be on the Toy Story 2 and Star Wars EP1 DVD, the latest version is on the R1 release of From Hell and includes some new tests around colour settings etc.

I am no expert on this but from reading the forums if you want to really calibrate your system then Avia seems to be the name mentioned although I understand it costs about £30 so may be the THX one would be the best bet first :)

5. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to confirm i get RGB on screen with both EXT 1 and 2 - using Sky and DvD.

Spike

6. arifn1

arifn1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just took the Scart out and pushed it back in - and I got RGB! Doh...
    Not sure why it changed to CVBS in the first place -as I say one of the pins is slightly damaged but I hope it doesn't switch over again.

Unfortuanatly my second EXT isn't RGB as its connected up to and ITV digital box

cheers guys