1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Wireless rear speakers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hyzepher, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Hyzepher

Hyzepher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone had any issues with the philips 36PW9618 wireless rear speakers (NXT). I have found that they constantly produce a loud humming/interference noise to the point that it is impossible to use them. I have tried changing the different frequencies (4 in total) but no luck.

Before I get an engineer out etc. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and solved it?

Hyzepher

2. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried them as well for my 32PW9527 but they were humming all the time even though it was not as loud as yours it was still noticeable so I sent them back.

On top of that the box once fixed on the back of the TV cannot be removed I spent ages to take it out without breaking the pins.

3. Hyzepher

Hyzepher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you get a replacement that worked?

Hyzepher

4. boyspen

boyspen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same tv and no problems with the rear speakers,only problem i have found is that not all programmes are indigital or surround but only minor prob,on the subjec of the hum it does say in the instruction book that certain items ie fridge can cause problems and if you have tried switching to another channel and still no luck then it does say you might to to connect the speakers by cable,so 1st try and see if any other electrical items are too new,simple check is to just unplug one at a time and see if that helps failing that use cables to connect,
    ps how are you getting on with the set,I think the picture is brilliant have set the dvd video up via the menu to send the picture out in rgb and its amazing .
    cheers

5. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hyzepher

No, I assumed they would all be like that.

I am waiting for a new tube now!

David