Philips Wide Screen

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Giles, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Giles

Giles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the process of buying a philips 32PW6305. Has anyone had any experiences of these???? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Don't bother, Philips are pants and and so are their TVs. I think that their Customer Service department doesn't exist because I have written to them twice with no responce. Mind you I did have to get the address off the US site because the UK web site doesn't mention anything about Customer Service. How strange.

3. Bobby

Bobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a 32" widescreen for 2 years and now a 46" widescreen, both have worked perfectly so far (touch wood). All comes down to personal experience.

4. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my friend is also looking at this model did you buy it? is it ok? is it ntsc ok?

any feedback good or bad will be welcome dont want him to buy a crap tv or recommend any other makes for about £6-700

thanks
    Graham

[This message has been edited by graham_ew (edited 30-03-2001).]

5. gisimo

gisimo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Graham

are you sure its your friend or is it just that you are getting a **** tv and are ashamed to say. Not all of us can have the best tvs so dont be shy.
    good luck with "your friend"

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    I have a philips 28 inch. It was sold as NTSC compatible, which it is, but only on RGB Scart, NOT the S-Video imputs. Check the new models before you buy.

This wouldn't be a problems if my DVD had RGB outputs but it doesn't!

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once had a Sony TV that worked lovely until it decided to die. Got full replacement value from Dixons after having it for 18 months. Replaced it with a Phillips 28in widescreen.

While the Phillips is good, this recently died of death too, something to do with the CRT, and apparently it was easier to replace the set other than repair it. I had my Phillips set for about 2 years and it was good while it lasted. Although I did get loadsa problems with picture smearing and convergence problems, that I could never get rid of. Phillips are terrible when it comes to aftersales service, so

I'm going out today to look at some RPTVs, with my replacement voucher from Dixons. Just got to try and convince them to do a price match!!!