Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips VR840 VCR

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by GlennP, Dec 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend the Philips VR840 VCR. The specs look pretty good and it looks nice and shiny but it would be helpful if anyone can confirm whether it "does what is says on the tin".

2. Garion

Garion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes, I have one. It is a uncomplicated, no frills machine. I didn't like the lack of on screen confirmations, but with my big clear 36" pixel plus screen, I'm glad I don't get tape indicater bars and all that.

The menus are very simple, as is the remote. Excellent still frame.
    Rewinds very quick.

I recommend it

3. Dan666

Dan666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ive got one and can concurr with Garion - simple and uncomplicated.

However, the Philips Easylink function is not fully compatible with my Netgem iPlayer's (Freeview STB) recording feature. I find this really annoying as the only reason I bought the VCR is to record timed events off Freeview.

If you intend to connect this VCR to an STB, PM me and I'll try and give you as much info as I can.