Philips VR675/05 VCR - Video output problems with SCART to AV

vaelfonia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there - I recently got a hold of a Philips VR675/05 VCR to play back old tapes that my family has in storage.

For some weird reason, our TV refuses to receive the signal from the VCR. No video or audio whatsoever when trying to play back tapes, or even just trying to get the VCR's on screen display to appear.
It's plugged in via a SCART to AV adapter then just feeding the AV cables to the inputs on the back of the TV - because the TV lacks any SCART connectors.
I've tried two SCART to AV adapters now, and it just refuses to work with this TV. Both are known good.

When I plug it into another TV directly via SCART, it works fine. This is what confuses me...

I figured I'd ask for help before I just give in and splash the money on a HDMI converter box.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Welcome to the forum.

Scart adaptors are internally configured to be either in output mode or input mode with respect to the scart.
They cannot be both- unless it is a switched type, which can be either.

Your experience suggests that you have an input mode adaptor so you either need an output type or preferably a switched type.

Here is an example

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Welcome to the forum.

Scart adaptors are internally configured to be either in output mode or input mode with respect to the scart.

Your experience suggests that you have an input mode adaptor so you either need an output type or preferably a switched type.

Here is an example
Huh. I learn something new every day!

I've gone and ordered one, I hope it works.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forum.

Here is an example
Hi
can you help me please? i have a new sharp smart tv with no scart socket. Can I use a scart to AV cable to connect my freesat box? Thanks Chris

Hi
can you help me please? i have a new sharp smart tv with no scart socket. Can I use a scart to AV cable to connect my freesat box? Thanks Chris
Welcome to the forum.

Can you give me the model number of your TV so I can look up what your connection option might be.

Is it not possible to use an HDMI cable between your Freesat box and the TV?

Your TV will certainly have HDMI connectors. Does your freesat box?
If so, it would be the preferred form of connection.

Thanks it's a sharp 40AJ6KE
I'd have check whether freesat box has hdmi
Thanks.

That TV has no analogue input options at all so you will have to use an HDMI lead.

Thanks for the help. Do you mean a scart hdmi converter?
No I did not - I am assuming that your Freesat box has an HDMI output.
It would be amazing if it did not.

Only use an adaptor if it absolutely necessary.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom