Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips Video Sender & Telewest

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by barrylorimer, Aug 29, 2003.

1. barrylorimer

barrylorimer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just purchased a Philips VL1200 Video Sender, only to dicover that it is not fully compatible with my Telewest Digibox. This is down to the fact that the remote control for telewest use IRDA, which is not supported by the sender.

Does anyone know of a way around this problem, other than getting off my lazy butt and changing the channel in the living room?

Any help would be greatfully received.

Cheers, Barry.

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Buy this...

http://www.letsautomate.com/10923.cfm?

You will still won't be able to use the Telewest remote through the sender, but any programmable learning remote will work... I have been using the VL1200/Red-Eye with a Philips Pronto RU940 for some time now... You can buy the RU940 through the same site (I'd recommend it over the newer RU950 as there are many more files available from www.remotecentral.com, and it's cheaper..!)... I've got a .ccf with all the channel logo's ready to go if you're interested, it's for NTL so you would have to change the channel numbers in the editing software, but it's no big deal...