1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips TV's and Contrast +

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by one_jedi, Jul 10, 2003.

1. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those of you that have philips TV and have the contrat + feature (don't know how many it's on, know it's on the 6006 series) do you use it and have it on? I always had it on but I was setting up my TV and I notice sometimes when it is on you lose some detail compared to when it is off and the screen is a bit lighter?

2. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    c'mon I know some of you have Philips TV's!!

3. JJM

JJM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well, had - two in fact. Contrast + behaved exactly as you described. In the short time I had the Philips models I tended to leave it on. However, the dynamic contrast feature (which can't be turned off) was *one* of the several reasons I switched to the Aventos.

4. JER101

JER101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found that it didn't like digital TV. It seems to detect small changes between the mpeg element contrast levels and expand them , making the picture appear blocky. This is very noticable watching football.

5. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else?

6. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yes,that's normal,if that's what you're getting at.I leave it off.
    I'm not keen on Crystal Clear III.

Which model have you got?

7. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hhhmmmm, what about anyone else. I've had it on since I first go it but for the past few weeks I've had it off but some time things appear slightly washed out or too bright. I've used one of those THX optimizer and my TV is set up right. I think generally I prefer it on even if occasionally small detail is lost becuase overall the picture looks better. However if it cause some of the problems like JER101 said then I won't have it on. Anyone else have it on or off?