• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips TV Recording

LenComputer2

Novice Member
Hello everyone.
I have two questions related to my Philips TV model number 47PFL6008K/12
1. After recording a program on a disk on key (USB 3.0), and trying to playback I get a note that the disk is empty. Does anyone know why?
2. How can I time a program to be recorded on a specific day and a specific hour every week?
Thank you.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
1. Have you tried formatting the USB stick on the TV first?
2. Only possible if the TV gives you the option to “series-link” or “record series” when you set a recording from the TV Guide.

LenComputer2

Novice Member
1. Have you tried formatting the USB stick on the TV first?
2. Only possible if the TV gives you the option to “series-link” or “record series” when you set a recording from the TV Guide.

Hey JayCee, first - Yes, I formatted the USB flash drive and yet this is the case
As for the second question, I will check it out, but what about the scheduled recording, in general?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
As to the programmes on the USB stick, what were they recorded from?
I doubt you'll be able to set a scheduled recording of the type you want without using the TV's guide.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
All I can suggest is that you try a different USB stick.
That will tell you if there's a fault in the TV or if the stick's at fault.

LenComputer2

Novice Member
Okay, I will check it. And for your answer about schedualed recording - Can you please explain to me how to do this? Where to find it in the settings?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Okay, I will check it. And for your answer about schedualed recording - Can you please explain to me how to do this? Where to find it in the settings?

You’re better off using an external HDD rather than a USB stick for recordings off the TV.
I Googled your TV model and downloaded the user manual.
I suggest you read 1.8 on page 4 for info on setting recordings

Julian71

Established Member
On my 6 series, you need a usb or hard drive 256gb as minimum size. I have recently bought a Sonnics 320gb hard drive for around £25. Ebay

Not tried scheduling a recording, but pauses tv and plays back with no problems, after using a 128gb usb 3 stick which I experienced picture break up and out of sync audio issues.

GrahamTD

Novice Member
On my 6 series, you need a usb or hard drive 256gb as minimum size. I have recently bought a Sonnics 320gb hard drive for around £25. Ebay

Not tried scheduling a recording, but pauses tv and plays back with no problems, after using a 128gb usb 3 stick which I experienced picture break up and out of sync audio issues.
Thanks for info. Just installed 256 GB usb stick on Philips Smart TV, hope it will work as well as an HDD. OK so far ... TV through the aerial on this device not as feature rich as Humax box. Hope original poster was looking in correct place for recording, not under Source USB.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom