Philips TV problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jeffred, Mar 25, 2006.

1. jeffred

jeffred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old Philips CRT (20PT155) and today it's started cycling through the channels (in reverse order) by itself once it's turned on. On the bottom left corner "E3" is displayed which I assume is an error code but don't know what it means.

Does anyone know what this is and is a problem that can be easily fixed or should I not waste my money ?

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,570
    Is this on screen or in the LED Display?

Does anyone know what this is and is a problem that can be easily fixed or should I not waste my money ?[/quote]

This is a rare model and I cannot identify the chassis used.
    It is printed on the rear label so report back with any letters/numbers printed on it.

Make sure there is no remote nearby with a stuck-down button.
    "E?" on Philips TVs usually refer to the scart inputs with E1 being AV1 etc.

3. jeffred

jeffred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just recheck the back of the TV. It's full number is 20PT155A/07 and above the second barcode its PM129426 OOO892 (if that of any use).

The "E3" is displayed onscreen but its in the bottom left while the normal channel number is in the top righthand corner.

Your probable onto something with the AV connection. There is only one scart connection (10 year old TV) and it was connected to a sat receiver early today. I will reconnect it and see it the problem goes away.