Philips TV John Lewis availability

Ufon73

Novice Member
Hi All.

I've made a decision to buy 65OLED706 (I'm just waiting for black Friday weekend ).

I see that you can buy one from AO for 1200 and for 1300 with 5 years warranty (Richer sounds). I have a 300quid 65inch Toshiba TV so 1300 pounds TV for me is an expensive (I know guys, its not comparing to top tier TVs ) and of course I want 5 years warranty. So I don't really have huge choice here, I know about richer sounds, spatial (don't even know this company), costco and john lewis.
I have a 100 pounds voucher for JL so it would be nice to use it.

Unfortunately I see that JL doesn't have any philips TVs! It's strange... do you know if they stopped selling Philips or they have some shortages now?
Tried to asked them but they only could say that my TV is OOS...

Thanks in advance!

Btw. Do you recon If the price can go even lower than 1300 during black friday? I don't have any experience with black friday hunting

AVtest

I think RS will refund you difference if price will go lower during BF on their store. Not sure about others. As for price drops who knows what bargains will appear. Although I would be mindful if these bargains will be in stock :confused: Most philips premium tv's are nearly on pre-order basis rather being stocked. Whether that's retailers strategy (many have reviewed product range) or philips manipulating demand not sure but it feels like buying PS5 on release term... 🙃 Everyone blames supply chain issues/shortages, oh well. seen 65 806 at £1300 recently so guess there is still some room for 706 to drop.
As for JL, funny enough many retailers stopped selling philips tv's, yet not sure reasons behind it. Different rumours flout around, but no solid facts so ain't mentioning it.

MSW

Distinguished Member
I asked in JL a good few months back and they said they had stopped selling Philips TV’s.

I asked in Curry’s circa 2 years ago and they also said they had stopped selling Philips. Although I have noticed, roughly the time JL stopped that Curry’s now sell them

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom