jaenesse

Novice Member
Hi all, hope you’re good!

I bought a Philips 50pus7505 (also known as 50pus7555) late last year. It works okay for the majority of the time, except when I want to use HDR on my consoles. I have tried it with a PS4, PS5 and Xbox series S with the problem always being the same.

At least once or twice an hour, the source for the hdmi will pop up in the top left, alongside a banner of hdr in the bottom right corner. This happens regardless of console. It especially shouldn’t happen on PS5 as at system level everything is HDR, so it is definitely not switching between SDR and HDR. On top of this, multiple times a session I will get a single frame of a light grey flash on the screen which is highly annoying.

It’s worth noting neither of these issues occur when I play in SDR, it seems to be isolated to HDR. I have turned off all of the eco settings I can see and any hdmi Ceci
etc and still no luck. I was even trying to find if there was any way to turn off source change banners to help the issue but couldn’t find anything.

Can someone please help with this? I cannot find anything online and I have been struggling for months now. Any help would be appreciated .

Darbo

Could simply be the hdmi lead, hdr requires more bandwidth than sdr so it may be just a case of upgrading the lead to a 48gbps one, also i don't know how long your lead is but they get a bit flakey around the 3 metre mark.

jaenesse

Novice Member
Could simply be the hdmi lead, hdr requires more bandwidth than sdr so it may be just a case of upgrading the lead to a 48gbps one, also i don't know how long your lead is but they get a bit flakey around the 3 metre mark.
Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately I’ve tried multiple in different slots, different consoles. Tried 4 different ones in each console in each of the 3 HDMI ports on the TV and still no luck.

Darbo

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately I’ve tried multiple in different slots, different consoles. Tried 4 different ones in each console in each of the 3 HDMI ports on the TV and still no luck.
And you've definitely changed your input setting to recieve a 4k hdr signal? It's in the settings, they need changing from ' standard ' to 'optimal'.
At least i think it's optimal.

jaenesse

Novice Member
And you've definitely changed your input setting to recieve a 4k hdr signal? It's in the settings, they need changing from ' standard ' to 'optimal'.
At least i think it's optimal.
Yeah you’re right it is optimal, and yeah I’ve previously made sure I’ve selected that option, still persists unfortunately

Darbo

Yeah you’re right it is optimal, and yeah I’ve previously made sure I’ve selected that option, still persists unfortunately
Sorry bud, it sounds like a handshake issue to me but they're usually lead orientated, if it's in warranty I'd phone Philips...which is a brand new set of issues to be honest.

Nicj9nes

Novice Member
Hi did you find a fix as I have the same problem with this TV. week old TV also the hdr looks washed out compared to not haveing it on thanks

aeselm

Novice Member
Hi, I recently (august 26) bought the tv from bol.com and the issue keeps happening .... It's very frequent. Especially if you load a ps5 game like ghost of Tsushima. It literally happens every few minutes ( less than 10) but also sometimes more... Very random and annoying. Luckily I have 2 days to return the product, maybe they accept to return it, even when I threw the boxes because I had no intention to return the product. Within 2 days I'll hear from them and let you guys know

Sampsonpd

Novice Member
Hi did you find a fix as I have the same problem with this TV. week old TV also the hdr looks washed out compared to not haveing it on thanks
I have a Xbox series X and just have HDR and Dolby vision switched off as the tv doesn’t recognise a HDR or Dolby Vision signal and instead makes everything look super washed out. It’s really disappointing

aeselm

Novice Member
Hi, I recently (august 26) bought the tv from bol.com and the issue keeps happening .... It's very frequent. Especially if you load a ps5 game like ghost of Tsushima. It literally happens every few minutes ( less than 10) but also sometimes more... Very random and annoying. Luckily I have 2 days to return the product, maybe they accept to return it, even when I threw the boxes because I had no intention to return the product. Within 2 days I'll hear from them and let you guys know
Update, the took back my TV and I ordered a Sony one. Definitely worth the upgrade

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom