philips tv 6006 dark picture thru rgb who has/has not had this problem and with what?

joecool

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have posted, and have others, of dark picture when using the tv's RGB input. when viewing my philips itv-digital(R.I.P) set-top box the picture is fine,when viewing my ps2 the picture is too dark(have tried different scart lead.),even though you can adjust the brightness and contrast!(i have the 32 inch version btw) Have not tried anything else yet but will do soon. What i would like to know is who has/had not had this problem and with what, and with what size tv.

I've got a 28" (fnar fnar:devil: ) and it's fine on mine. My digibox is fine, as is my PlayStation. It's probably a bit darker than the S-video scart, but I've found that RGB is often darker on a whole range of TVs. Try getting an S-video cable for your PS2 and using the other scart socket if it's bothering you, the picture quality is just as good.

S-video often produces a better picture than RGB on a wide range of TVs. Just take a look at the archives for a whole range of S-video vs RGB debates that have gone on here. Just because RGB is 'techincally' better than S-video (objective view) it doesn't mean that it should automatically produce a more appealing image (subjective view)

John

I've had no problems with my 32"pw6006 via RGB using my Grundig 210A dvd. The picture is clear and bright, even though this player does struggle a bit in murky scenes.

It is strange that yours is okay with the set top box though :confused:

How high do you have to turn the brightness up by the way?

tom

Hello John, did you manage to sort out your latest geometry settings?

tom

Yup, I can now fiddle with EWW to my heart's content as long as I adjust it in Widescreen mode. I just know I'm skating on thin ice though! :blush:

Also, I found that setting EWP in Widescreen mode automatically sets the correct value in 4:3 mode, just like EWW does. So I don't need to do that "reduce the EWP value by 2 when setting it in 4:3 mode" thing anymore.

BTW, have you any idea what the H60 & V60 settings do (defaults are -9 & 2)? I've never touched them before and haven't risked it. Just curious :clown:

Cheers,
John

(PS Sorry for temporarily hijacking your thread JoeCool)

Sorry, no idea what H60 & V60 change as I haven't really messed with them...yet :blush:

Intresting thing about the EWP relation in widescreen though. I think I'm happy with things as they are at the moment though :cool:

cheers
tom

( I would also like to apologise to joecool for changing the subject :blush: , sorry mate )

My Sony 725 DVD player is too dark via RGB on my 32PW6006.Changing over to S-Video has improved the picture beyond what I had hoped and in my opinion,S-Video is now better than RGB.

Where TVs do not have adjustable RGB settings, the picture depends on the presets for RGB built into the TV and the presets for RGB output built into the DVD player, set-top box etc. That's why people are getting different results.

Mine was not too dark but I had 2 sets with interference across half the screen.

It only did it on RGB and not with ntl digibox.

PS2 / X-box / DVD all had the same problem.

Test it on your tv. Put it in a dark room and connect PS2 via RGB and turn the brightness right up...

I could have switched to S vid but the UK gamecube does not support it. (The Gamecube is next on my list).

Great TV, SH*T RGB problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom