Philips TV 55pus6162/12 screen upside down

Johnfitexas

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Since a week ago, the picture of my Philips tv 55pus6162/12 is inverted, upside down, on all sources, all menus, even on the philips logo when powering on.

I tried performing a factory reset, a firmware upgrade through usb,.. Nothing changed this situation.

The service menu (062596) has no (self explaining) invert option.

Any idea?

Attachments

• 20190727_011932.jpg
    20190727_011932.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,276
It may be worth a call to your supplying Dealer, or the USA Philips customer service centre for advice on this problem? Contact | Philips

If no easy electronic fix, 'mount it upside down' on another stand using the VESA screws on back might be an alternative (but could affect ventilation / cooling)?

Is the tv from Australia :laugh:

It may be worth a call to your supplying Dealer, or the USA Philips customer service centre for advice on this problem? Contact | Philips

If no easy electronic fix, 'mount it upside down' on another stand using the VESA screws on back might be an alternative (but could affect ventilation / cooling)?

Hi,

It's out of warranty, the service center guy told me he never seen something like this before, and suggested to change the motherboard and op-board (what is that?) with almost the price of this tv new.

It's not a solution to turn the tv because on smart apps like YouTube (which I used daily) the picture is inverted AND does not fill the tv frame, it's sometimes cut sometimes repeated on the corners, etc).

20190727_141435.jpg

20190727_141504.jpg

I think the solution is in the service menu but the options are not self explained, it has 16 OP code that takes 3 numbers each. I filled all OPs with zeros and the picture simply disappeared, no menus no logo, hopefully I took a picture of the codes before this and blindly accessed the service menu and entered each code with the remote control, the picture comes back again, but of course still returned.

Anyone know what OP code I should change to revert back the picture?

Maybe I can flash the tv with a factory firmware using the pins on the back of the tv and a computer ? But I can't find such a firmware anywhere on the internet.

Johnfitexas, hi, did you manage to fix this problem?
Since this morning I have the same problem like yours with the same tv model. Yesterday was everything fine, I wached a movie, checked Youtube, but when I turn him on this morning, the whole screen was upside down. Exatly like yours. Nothing on the menu can flip him back to the normal.

Johnfitexas, hi, did you manage to fix this problem?
Since this morning I have the same problem like yours with the same tv model. Yesterday was everything fine, I wached a movie, checked Youtube, but when I turn him on this morning, the whole screen was upside down. Exatly like yours. Nothing on the menu can flip him back to the normal.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're in the same situation..
Unfortunately the problem is still there, I mounted the TV upside down on the wall with a VESA mount, but it is not really a solution, the TV have other problems.

What works: the videos on USB or Miracast or from HDMI sources (of course upside down).

What does not work: YouTube and Netflix are not centered (except when in 4k resolution), unwatchable. Satelite and terrestrial channels have an image problem, also unwatchable.
Sometimes, when I power my upside down tv, I have no sound, I need to unplug it from the wall.

What I have tried : everything.

An electronic technician told me I need to find someone with a working 55pus6162/12 and convince him to let the technician open his tv to solder some wires and read the EPROM directly from the motherboard, and then push it in my motherboard, I'm not sur if it's going to work.

The simple solution will be to change the motherboard (or maybe the t-con board?), or change the whole tv (for another brand of course, I will never get a philips again, mine was 13 months old, the warranty is 12 months ...)

If you ever find a solution, please comeback and share.

Hello, the news about my tv is that it is repaired. It turns out that it still in warranty, so I returned it and after two weeks it was ready. They changed the Mainboard, so now everything is fine. The picture is like before.
I am sorry, I couldn't help you

hi all , have a Hisense 55inch tv . Screen has flipped , upside down . have contacted hi sense uk , not much joy there . said they could put me in contact with a third party service . Approx cost ÂŁ250.0 for repair (ouch) contacted a local tv repair but they said Hisense will not disclose service details to them .
I’ve thought to taking off feet and flipping tv on a wall bracket . or is there a technical solution . Many thanks in advance Barry

Finally, two years later, I was able to fix it, thanks to a user in another forum.

To anyone facing the same problem here is the solution.

Download this file , extract it in a FAT32 formatted usb drive, turn on the TV, remove the AC wire, put the usb in a usb2 port (black inside), put the AC wire back, firmware upgrade begins (approx. 15min), problem solved.

BTW I will never buy a Philips again.

Hi all,

Since a week ago, the picture of my Philips tv 55pus6162/12 is inverted, upside down, on all sources, all menus, even on the philips logo when powering on.

I tried performing a factory reset, a firmware upgrade through usb,.. Nothing changed this situation.

The service menu (062596) has no (self explaining) invert option.

Any idea?
WHAT CAUSED YOURS, MINE HAS DON EXACTLY THE SAME?

WHAT CAUSED YOURS, MINE HAS DON EXACTLY THE SAME?
Have you tried the fix suggested in post #10
BTW, all uppercase text is frowned on and is considered to be akin to SHOUTING.

Have you tried the fix suggested in post #10
BTW, all uppercase text is frowned on and is considered to be akin to SHOUTING.
Apologies, Not shouting. excuse the Capitals. Yes i did, no good. its upside down & back to front. I can understand what would have caused it. Its definitely not a setting is it?

No, it's not a setting that you can alter.
It can be caused by many things, a mains power surge, internal faulty component etc.

No, it's not a setting that you can alter.
It can be caused by many things, a mains power surge, internal faulty component etc.
Thanks for your help, Is Post 10 the only solution? im awaiting a email back from Philips. If the component is faulty will post 10 Revert? Thanks again for any assistance you can offer.

Finally, two years later, I was able to fix it, thanks to a user in another forum.

Download this file , extract it in a FAT32 formatted usb drive, turn on the TV, remove the AC wire, put the usb in a usb2 port (black inside), put the AC wire back, firmware upgrade begins (approx. 15min), problem solved.

H John, a moment for a fellow consumer who is struggling. I did exactly as outlined in your text above. When you say AC you mean the 230VAC cable? does the screen not turn off? in regards to the USB2 Port, what does black inside mean? Many thanks for your help. Kind regards Brian

H John, a moment for a fellow consumer who is struggling. I did exactly as outlined in your text above. When you say AC you mean the 230VAC cable? does the screen not turn off? in regards to the USB2 Port, what does black inside mean? Many thanks for your help. Kind regards Brian
Hi did you make it work at the end? Mine just caught the same disease. I downloaded the file in #10 and followed instructions but it didn't do anything... :(

Hi did you make it work at the end? Mine just caught the same disease. I downloaded the file in #10 and followed instructions but it didn't do anything... :(
correction. I put it in the wrong USB port (the USB1 port behind). changed to USB2 (on the side) and boom! it now works :)

This fix just worked on my 55PUS6162/05 to fix the top-bottom inversion & mirror image problem. No more standing on my head with a mirror to watch TV :) ........thanks all.

Thanks so much, got this issue 2 years after this post....Called and spoke to Philips Tech Support who emailed me a PKG file (noticed it was larger in file size compared to yours) for my model but it didn't work so I tried yours and low and behold it worked straight away....GREAT! thanks for sharing!

Thanks John, this file was valuable to fix my issue, which only occurred this year in 2024, if I hadn't found this post and tried the fix, most likely would've replaced the TV....Thanks again. Anyone confused about USB (Black inside, it's referring to USB2.0 and not USB3.0 which has a blue inner port)!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom