1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips SV2 help/what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alextgreen, Sep 28, 2005.

1. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a Philips bsure SV2 that I bought thinking it would be a nice upgrade from a CRT, but there is no way I can re-arrange furniture to accommodate and landlord says out and out no to a wall/ceiling mount.

I bought it off a chap who did exactly the same thing ironically, who bought it from his son's school several months ago.

He's had it sitting in his cupboard for a while and has sadly lost the remote, although there is nothing you can't access on it from the top buttons.

Now I have two slight issues; it has the name of the school and I presume the company that sold it on the load up screen. It doesn't bother me that it's there, but I appreciate it may not be that appealing to someone else. Can I get rid of this? Philips are unable to supply me with the manual or software for the thing.

Secondly, what's it worth? I was thinking £150 maybe? I paid more than this but I don't have the remote and it has an annoying message on startup. I'd just like to recoup some of what I paid and put it back towards saving for an LCD TV.

Any advice appreciated, and if anyone could burn me a copy of the CD... :D