Philips Shoq Box

I

Ivesy

After reading a glowing review I bought the Philips Shoqbox 120/05. Unfortunatley the one I got from Comet wouldn't work! I followed the instructions but the thing was dead as a dodo.

I took it back but they'd none in stock so I bought one from Martin Dawes which arrived in record time (I ordered it late tuesday it arrived friday) anyway the SAME thing has happened again nothing no life at all!

According to the instructions after a few minutes the screen should show it's charging but I get nothing. Am I just unlucky? Has anyone out there had the same experience?

Not surprisingly I'm not that keen on them now, does anyone know of a similair player? I liked it because it had built in speakers and decent memory (512MB) and it plays WMA files.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:lease:

rodny

Standard Member
yes there was a bad batch of these. I tried four before i got one that worked. Then the software caused my laptop to crash so i couldn't get music onto it. Shame as the unit really suits my needs apart from not working in any way.
Lob it back at them.

I

Ivesy

Cheers for that I thought it was just me. I've had a reply from Philips who are asking me to charge the unit for 12 hours (instead of 4) and then download the firmware (assuming it's working I 'm guessing!).

It is a shame because it ticks all the boxes I wanted for a portable MP3 player that importantly has built in speakers and has decent memory. I can't see any other similair players out there.

I'll see how this charge goes (11 hours 55 minutes to go!)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom