Philips s-lite DLP for £1,650

Whoops, It was a NEC xg85 being compared to the LT150.
See here :eek:

Tim

I've been following Li On's comments, interesting the difference in perception people have about the LT150, for me it's the first light bulb projector that I've seen that's any good, it's certainly making me think about the new 16:9 models that are on the horizon, my BG808's days could be numbered.

Gary, Do you know how much the LT150 retails for and who sells it on the net. I cant find much info on it. I wonder how much the lamp is for the LT150.
Do you suffer from the rainbow effect with this PJ.
I saw the Yamaha DLP recently and I suffered bad rainbow when moving my head from side to side.
Do you know if it is possible to see the rainbow effect while facing the screen without moving your head?

Cheers

Tim,

The LT150 costs too much in the UK at about £2500 + VAT, I got the Plus U3-1080 from which the LT150 was cloned for £1775 + VAT. Once you add VAT the price difference is about £1000. I'm very happy with the Plus and £1000 bought me an ISCO II anamorphic lens. The Plus U3, the Yamaha (also a Plus clone) and the LT150 all have a single speed colour wheel so the rainbow effect should be about equal on all of them. Even if you are rainbow prone (most people are) you do get used to them after a while and you start to notice them less.

Jeff

Originally posted by Timh Gary, Do you know how much the LT150 retails for and who sells it on the net.

http://www.ivojo.co.uk/nec-lt150.htm £2088 + VAT, bulb is approx £305 + VAT

Do you suffer from the rainbow effect with this PJ.

Yes, some films are worse than others. Rainbows don't bother me too much although I watched the 'Mummy Returns' last week and one scene drove me crackers with the rainbows. Overall, given the price of this little marvel and the quality of the picture, I can forgive the odd rainbow. I'm keen to see the sharp 9000E in action now, if it's anywhere near as good as the reviews I'm reading both my NEC and Barco will be in the classified's shortly.

Do you know if it is possible to see the rainbow effect while facing the screen without moving your head?

Yes, I'm afraid. You need to see one for yourself to see if you can live with the rainbow, I've not seen the Yamaha so I can't comment on whether it's better or worse at generating rainbows.

Gary, thanks for the info, I wasnt aware you could see the rainbow effect while directly watching an image, the only rainbow I have seen so far is when moving my head from side to side :(

I wonder if its Graham Bonnetts fault, depending on your age you may not get that last comment. or was it Ronnie James Dio ;)

Best price for the s-lite £1,540 here and best price for replacement lamp is £365.14 from here

Wow its getting cheaper , has anyone seen it going yet?
Its supposed to be in a High street shop now, which one Chris.

see it here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom