• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips RU970

johnr2000

Standard Member
I have a customer (some distance away unforunately) with a RU970 remote which doesn't respond to pressing the screen at all. The main page (customised by us) does show however. It's a while since I worked with these so don't remember them too well. I'm trying to work out if this is a hardware problem or not.

Also, where is the best place in the UK to buy replacement batteries for these? We are an AV business and our previous supplier no longer deals with Philips.

Thanks in anticipation.

John R

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
If you need parts go to the current pronto distributor if the touch screen isnt responding its either a software lock up or the touch panel is dead touch panels rarely die all at once but fade in high use areas first if a battery out for 10 minutes doesnt solve it then it could be hardware.

johnr2000

Standard Member
Thanks for that. Also, perhaps it may have been got into calibration mode by mistake and totally misaligned. I'll actually see the remote next week as I'll be in that area so I'll see if I can sort it then.

John R

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom