1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips PW9576- mistake?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mungo, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Mungo

Mungo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently ordered one of these, but when I checked the What TV review it gave it a bad write up for picture quality (esp thru' DVDs). I got a good deal price wise, but is it a duff model? I don't want to find I've spent shedloads of money on something that's worse than my old Toshiba.

Those reviewers get to sample one model, maybe they have higher standards. But if anyone else has any good/bad experiences then I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers.

2. siwatkins

siwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I have one of these. Best looking set on the market and a great price at the likes of qed-uk. I could find nothing comparable at the £1150 mark. However, I did have a couple of issues with mine on delivery - no problems, supplier agreed to swap it out for me, but I've had to wait a while for them to get new stock in. The replacement arrived this morning, and its undergone some internal revisions that make it absolutely fantastic. It now has Digital Natural Motion and a couple of other modes, and the picture quality is stunning - I've not seen better anywhere. Anyway, read all about it here...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27719

Make sure you get the new revision - its much better, and it was good before.

Simon

3. Mungo

Mungo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good to hear, but I think mine is an old version because it was discounted. I doubt they'd do a deal on the new one. Will just have to see......

4. siwatkins

siwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It's not a new model, just a revision to build. Mine was discounted - got it from QED-UK. Still available at a discounted price - the same price as the older revision.

Simon