Philips Pw9527

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by screemer, Nov 10, 2002.

1. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have one of these sets? I am looking at this or maybe the Sony fx66. The pixel plus seems superb. How is DVD playback? Whats the sound like compared to the Sony?

2. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there screemer.

I have the phillips 32/9527, i have been impressed with it, the picture is very good, on both dvd/cable/terrestrial channels, also the sound is quite good with good bass.

The only problems I have come across, are the dark bars down the right and left of the screen, there have been numerous threads on this, I think it can be solved by the use of a ferrite ring, I am contacting comet to send someone out to have a look at mine.

There is slight artefacting and shimmering on the picture, but not too often, I can put up with this for the picture quality.

I also have a problem when playing dvd through scart ext1, you could here terrestrial tv sound, think this is AV Crosstalk.

Cant comment on the fx66, i did look at it before i got my phillips. There will be a few threads on this forum about this tv.

Hope this helps a bit. :)