1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips PW9308

Discussion in 'TVs' started by donshel, Jul 21, 2003.

1. donshel

donshel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Philips PW9308 and seem to be having nothing but problems with the picture quality, either it is too good or awful as people's faces are not clear and it does not seem to cope with quick movement. Is this me not knowing how to use modern technology or is the TV too good for its own benefits. I have tested, RF and Moster Cables on Sky and even on a DVD, the same applies for all.
    Does anyone recommend another good 32inch. thanks

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. donshel

donshel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nathan, thanks for your reply, I guess it has had nothing but bad feedback. I had arranged for the company to collect it and give me a refund as I did not believe that it was just me with this error of pixalisation (made up word)

Can you recommend a good 32" tv in that price region £800-£1000

Thanks again

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not buy (or recommend) any CRT direct view anymore, they all seem flawed in some way. When I was looking to upgrade from my Panny 28" Widescreen (it had problems with NTSC material) basically hearing horror stories (unfixable geometry, dirty patches, scrolling bars etc)..so I bought a RP instead.

Personally I would not buy a Sony, Panasonic's still have problems with NTSC, and Toshs have bad geometry.

All IMO of course.

5. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Donshel,

I have the Sony FQ70, having previously had the 9527 pixel+, although the picture isn't quite as detailed as what the 9527 produced on occasions, it is more consistent across all types of picture.

There aren't any picture problems or artefacts, the only side effect of the 100hz i have noticed is when there are fast scrolling credits and it blurs the credits.

It does buzz slightly as well, not noticeable when tv has been on for a while and it has warmed up.

There were a few threads on this model I while ago, if you do a search.

All in all, I am very pleased with the set.

Good Luck.

Regards

Paul

:smoke: