Philips PW6515 switching itself off

A

Alkydale

Philips Model 32PW6515/05 television switches to stand by and the light on the front of the set flashes. There has been no break in power or signal as it has been tested in 3 different homes. The set will work again, after being switched off for anything up to 3 hours, but go back to stand by after a couple hours more use. It's only 3 years old and although we've upgraded I'm a bit p'd off with it as we were going to let my Mum have it. Any ideas what may be causing it please?

Cheers,
Alkydale :lease:

Alkydale said:
Philips Model 32PW6515/05 television switches to stand by and the light on the front of the set flashes. There has been no break in power or signal as it has been tested in 3 different homes. The set will work again, after being switched off for anything up to 3 hours, but go back to stand by after a couple hours more use. It's only 3 years old and although we've upgraded I'm a bit p'd off with it as we were going to let my Mum have it. Any ideas what may be causing it please?

Cheers,
Alkydale :lease:

This model uses the A10E chassis containing the notorious "Painter" IC which is the usual culprit for your symptoms...just do a search on the forum using "painter".
Average repair cost is roughly 100-150UKP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom