1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips pw6006

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rushy7, Oct 26, 2003.

1. rushy7

rushy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    ive just bought one of the above tvs,i also have a pace 2600 sky box and a sony dvd 305 ,if i plug either of these in using the second scart socket the picture is nowhere near as good as in the first scart socket .i know 1 is rgb and 1 is s-vhs is there a different scart cable i need or am i stuck swaping scarts whenever i want to watch a dvd

2. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    1) You could get a scart splitter-block for the first scart. Argos sell them for about a tenner (get the one that comes with the no cables. They sell one that has a cable, but that doesn't do RGB).
    You can then plug two things into scart 1

2) If you don't fancy that, you can go with S-video. I've got a 6006 and know that the S-video is nearly as good as the RGB (I prefer it actually!). Make sure that your DVD or Skybox are actually outputting S-video (might be displayed as S-VHS), not composite, cvbs, or rgb (just check in their menu systems). Then make sure you actually are viewing the TV on the SVHS2 channel rather than EXT2 (you need to press the AV button (bottom left on remote control) again to switch to SVHS2). You'll know you're actually watching an SVHS (S-video) signal if the picture is black and white when you watch the telly on the EXT2 channel.

Hope that helps.

John

3. rushy7

rushy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanks for the help ,but what kind in s-vhs cable do i need
    sorry for being a bit thik on this!!

4. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you're using a fully wired scart cable (all 21 pins connected) then that's all you need, it'll transmit s-video signals no problem at all. If your scart cable can transmit RGB pictures then it's fully wired, which means that it would be able to transmit S-video signals too.