Philips Pronto Pro -- Import -- ?

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in the UK and want to buy the Pronto Pro remote. Cheapest Ive seen it in the UK is for £600.

I see they are around $480-$550 in the US and would like to try and save cash on this, so I would like to buy from the US.

Would buying a pronto pro from the US be ok ? Everything would work the same and I would have no troubles, would I ? Compatibility etc etc (I know I would need a stepdown transformer)

Basically what I want to know if there are any pitfalls I should know about.. ?

You can get them from richer sounds for £5oo on line or in the shop if you tell them the on line price . everything will work the same just the charger is the problem and the RF as it's not legal in this country and you have to use the us ccf software.

RF is not legal??? :confused:

and surely the US software is the same as the UK!?

ad

sorry you can use the software you just have to select the right model when it start up pronto edit . if you use the RF base station you can not use it in this country as that frequency is used for something else ? we use 433mhz usa use 418mhz .

what exactly does that mean ?

I shouldnt buy it ? or ?

From Richer sounds = £500
From the US = £375 delivered

Theres a big price difference right there. But I dont want to waste money.

Thanks again

Ahhh, so the RF unit is the little addon that lets you use the remote in another setup in another room ?

If it is, I dont need that RF unit. I just want the remote and the docking station...... ok to buy it now ?

Thanks

read this on what i mean. buy it from the usa if only going to use IR only, watch out for import tax.

yes it will

the vat and duty may well add to make the uk and import price the same.

ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom