1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips Pronto & Philips 963SA DVD Player

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MontyUK, Jan 15, 2003.

1. MontyUK

MontyUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Got my new pronto last night, and have a 963SA on order from unbeatable. My question is, does anyone know of a CCF file for the 963SA yet, or alternatively know whether any of the other Philips DVD Player CCF's will work with the 963 ?

I've had a search in the files section on remotecentral.com, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of the 963 on there yet.

Thanks in advance,

2. dnrc

dnrc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you can't find one on remote central, then there probably isn't one at the moment.

However, most CCF's for Philips DVD players should work in some way, as they will all use Philips RC5 codes. Even if they don't then you can use one that looks good as the basis for yours and learn the codes from the original remote.

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    shame that there isn't one yet.

My DVD player page mostly references a hidden page with the controls on it. So I should just be able to relearn those main buttons and any references will be handled automatically. Probably the most efficient way to do it.

If you already have a DVD player CCF, you could just relearn the DVD buttons when you get your 963. Only take a few minutes in front of your PC.

4. MontyUK

MontyUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses guys . . . I'll take a look when my 963SA arrives.