Philips Projecter Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by he33y, Oct 28, 2005.

1. he33y

he33y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Thanks for reading ive just got a Projector for free (SKIP RAT!)

it the Philips LC4433

it works fine apart from the menu screen has a yellow tinge to it and i got the computer and a DVD player working fine but again theres a yellow tinge just of center about the size of a football. (i can try for a photo if u want to see)

i know the project will need repairing or somet buying and am prepared to do it i just need to know what parts faulty.

the bulb has been on for 2400 hours like could it be that

Thank ppl

Graeme
    :lease:

2. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you adjust the focus, it might be dust so then you just need to clean it out with a can o air :)

3. he33y

he33y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think so. the screen is fully yellow brown (ish) on the menu and then is only in a circal just off centre to the right my girlfrend ses shes thinks its a green but its still wire ill try and take a picture and show you

4. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    As far as I know (after speaking to Acer about my PJ bulb) they either go or they don't. He said that's it, but 2409 is quite good for a bulb considering you don't know how it's been treated.

5. he33y

he33y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just turned it on noe and it seems to be worst the green ish yellow coulor is over the whole screen dose that happen when the bulbs on the way to bulb heven

6. he33y

he33y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still need help

in more detail:

if the screen should be moslty black it displays a yellow (ish colour instead of black)

if the picture is all green like a sports pitch its fine apart from a small amout of yellow(ish) in one part of the screen

if the picture is animation like The simpsons / Toystory the coulours are fine apart from if theres too much black its slightly green and a small amout of yellow(ish) in one part of the screen (about 30% cicular)

if the picture is real life TV then the picture is week poor colour and still the small amout of yellow(ish) in one part of the screen (about 30% cicular)

Can any one help im thinking its the blub but the splodge of yellow could be something else would it be worth fixing

7. he33y

he33y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Does any one have a clue :lease:

8. Neil in Bristol

Neil in Bristol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thought I'd already posted this, but my post seems have have disappeared :oops:

Sounds like the blue polariser failing. Not an expensive part AFAIK, but quite tricky to replace without damaging anything.

9. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,552
    It would be much easier to help you if you posted some pictures of the problems!
    If it's been unloved (smoky room , carried and dropped) then it may be dirty and/or dusty and/or have a failing component too.

10. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,552
    0800 7832310 is the number I was given for Philips Projector Servicing. I'm sure they can help you with that polariser - please don't post new threads for the same question.

11. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
    Could be a warped LCD panel.

My AE 100 has over 4k hours on it and has developed a faint yellow patch in the middle of the screen.

It affects the colours projected onto the screen in that particular area - but fairly subtly fortunately.

That's my best guess at the mo. Probably not worth repariring if you got the box for free. Run it till it drops dead and get a new one. May cost £100's to repair for new panels as I guess these won't be cheap.