Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Philips power on and standby query

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by vaderx, Jul 30, 2003.

1. vaderx

vaderx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have several year old 32 inch widescreen Philips TV set (32PW6322/05) which from a technical point of view works perfectly, however, I have a query about it's behaviour when being powered on.

The set used to power on fully whenever the main switch on the front of the TV was turned on. However, I had a friend looking after my flat when I was away on holiday, and now whenever the same switch is pressed the set goes into the standby mode instead.

This behaviour is really annoying as I now need to press extra buttons on my (normally unused) TV remote to turn it on fully and then switch it to my usual SCART input.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to change the behaviour back? :) My friend (obviously) can't remember what she changed to get it into this state. :p Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris